Sweet Pea By Donation Cranial Sacral Baby Clinic for Pre-Crawling Babies
How Cranial Sacral healing can help your baby:
Cranial Sacral healing supports integration of the womb and birth journey, and a calm and settled nervous system, through deep listening, attunement, and very gentle touch.
Babies can have much to share with us about what it was like for them to make their journey into life. The conception to newborn period is a very rich time of development, and can have its challenges. Babies are having their own experiences during their journey, and they can benefit from sharing this with us, in a gentle, understanding environment.
Babies sometimes need support to feel calm and present, and to be able to rest deeply. When infants get help early they are supported to reach
their full potential. Cranial-Sacral healing can help if your baby is:
- Fussy or colicky digestive issues
- Crying a lot, or crying inconsolably
- Having feeding or sleeping issues
- Unable to settle, relax or rest deeply
- Uncomfortable in his/her body
- Suffering from stress or trauma
- Grieving a loss (prenatal bereavement, separation after birth, twin loss, etc)
- Disconnected (not attaching fully, not present in their eyes/body)
- Processing a difficult or stressful womb or birth experience (cesarean section, induction, other medical interventions, separation, NICU, long or short labor, etc).
Appointments at Sweet Pea:
This is a by appointment clinic, not a drop in. To make an appointment go to www.KarenMelton.com/Forms, and scroll down to the Sweet Pea Forms section on that page. Please complete the 2 simple and short forms:
- Sweet Pea Child Intake form
- Sweet Pea Appointment Sign-up form.
When we receive your 2 forms by email (the address is in the form) we will be in touch with you to confirm your appointment time.
The clinic runs once a month on the third Sunday, please note that July 2018 clinic will be held on the second Sunday. The dates for 2018 are on the appointment sign-up form.
Sweet Pea will continue at its current address in Santa Rosa through September, October and November 2017, and begin to be hosted by Thrive in January 2018. We look forward to seeing you.
1988 – 1990: Diploma in Humanistic Psychology, Institute for the Development of Humanistic Psychology (I.D.H.P.), sponsored by Bath University, England
2011 – 2013: The Neufeld Institute, Canada. Levels 1 & 2 – Attachment and developmentally based parenting
2004 – 2006: Certified in Somatic Prenatal and Birth Therapy, Castellino Training; + the Advanced Double Binds Training, two Practitioner Trainings. In 2015 a post-graduate week of further training in the B.E.B.A. clinic (building and enhancing bonding and attachment) style of family work
2003 – 2005: Certified in Cranial-Sacral Work with Dr Dennis Hertenstein, CA
1997 – 2002: Prenatal & Perinatal Psychology, Dr William Emerson, Petaluma, CA