Again and again, we hear from clients why they chose midwifery care over hospital care. Here are the top reasons:
- Individualized clinical care in a small practice
- Hour long prenatal visits
- Continuity of care during labor and delivery
- Safe Birth Outcomes
- In-Home Postpartum Care and Lactation Support
Safe, Affordable and Gentle Care For Mom and Baby. The World Health Organization consistently supports midwifery care because the statistics reflect what we know and practice at Thrive; births attended by midwives have lower infection rates, lower C-section rates, fewer complications, and healthier outcomes – thus, lower overall medical costs.
Thrive is a lush and professional space, one where families know that the care they receive before, during, and after birth will have a dramatic affect on the health of the whole family. In the UK, The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has made sweeping recommendations for mothers with low-risk pregnancies to birth out of hospital. Let’s explore why this works at Thrive.
Hour Long, Family Centered Prenatal Visits with Licensed Midwives. We use these visits to discuss mother and infant health, physical exams, emotional and nutritional counseling, perinatal education. We answer ALL of your questions while having ample time to get to know you and your birth partner. Our care is based on your body, your needs, and your desires.
Evidence Based Care And The Midwifery Model Of Care. The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes. We provide:
- Monitoring of the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- Minimizing of technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
- Thrive Midwives collaborate with clients to achieve informed consent regarding every aspect of clinical care; resulting in an informed clientele base who feel respected and empowered as they step into parenthood
The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
Highly Trained Midwives for Normal Pregnancies. A midwife is a trained professional with special expertise in supporting women to maintain a healthy pregnancy and birth, offering expert individualized care, education, counseling and support to a woman and her newborn throughout the childbearing cycle.
A midwife works with each woman and her family to identify their unique physical, social and emotional needs. When the care required is outside the midwife’s scope of practice or expertise, the woman is referred to other health care providers for additional consultation or care. We are midwives who are trained in the art and science of birth. We are experts in low risk pregnancies, VBACs, and natural birth.